Forestry, fisheries and mining are largest areas of illegal activity
Gold and Treasuries jump amid Fed rethink
Succinct Summations for the week ending June 3rd 2016
1. Construction spending was revised up 1.5% from the previous reading of 0.3%.
2. Unemployment fell to 4.7%, down from 5% previously.
3. ADP employment report came in at 173k. The previous report was revised up from 156k to 166k.
4. ISM manufacturing came in at 51.3, up from 50.8 previously and above the 50.6 expected.
5. Factory orders rose 1.9% m/o/m, the previous reading was revised up to 1.7% from 1.1%.
1. Nonfarm payrolls fell to 38k, well below the 123k expected (35k from striking Verizon employees).
2. Chicago PMI fell to 49.3, down from 50.4 previously and below the 50.7 expected.
3. Consumer confidence came in at 92.6, down from 94.2 previously.
4. MBA mortgage composite index fell 5% w/o/w.
5. PMI manufacturing stalling out at 50.7, with the production component falling below 50 for the first time in almost seven years.
6. Construction spending fell 1.8% m/o/m.
7. ISM non-manufacturing fell to 52.9, down from 55.7 previously.
The post Succinct Summation of Week’s Events June 3rd 2016 appeared first on The Big Picture.
Cross-border movement to emerging markets surged in March and April
Standard & Poor’s holds fire on rating but warns it could cut at later date
Senior official says leave vote could deliver a ‘significant adverse reaction’ in global markets
Worse than expected data deal blow to chance of rate rise at next Fed meetings
Handing out cash rather than looking after the needy seems an unlikely sell, writes Alan Beattie
Markets in Asia rise as investors wait for the latest US jobs data.